We caught up with producer, comedian and TV presenter SIV NGESI at Cape Town’s Alexander Bar in the build-up to the National Arts Festival. A Festival veteran, he shares his tips on getting the best out of your visit to Grahamstown. We certainly agree with him when he says, “The tickets are so inexpensive. Just go there and take the risk and watch shows. Appreciate shows. And see as many shows as possible…”
This year, Ngesi will be giving audiences even more reasons to laugh as he is hosting an unbelievable comedy line-up at the Drill Hall in Hill Street (opposite the library):
- Angel Campey’s DEVIL’s ADVOCATE
- Globetrotter Loyiso Gola, back from Edinburgh and Australia with LOYISO GOLA IS UNLEARNING
- Stuart Taylor’s FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT
- Rob van Vuuren’s brand-new AGAIN!
- Daniel Mpilo Richards in THE BEST OF STATE FRACTURE and PAY BACK THE CURRY
- Loyiso Madinga’s first one-man show LOYISO MADINGA LIVE
- TATS NKONZO IS PRIVILEGED.
But wait! That’s not all – you’ll be able to end your full Grahamstown days with the best of the Festival’s comedy line-up with THE LAST LAUGH, on daily at 10.30pm.